Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my before and after


In November of 2007 I was in the worst shape of my life both physically and mentally. I can remember wanting to take a hover-round around the zoo. I would have to say that contemplating suicide in my spare time was my all time low. It became obvious to me that a change was necessary. I heard about raw foods and their healing abilities. I began to make my shift into a raw food lifestyle.
I love to eat, especially the tasty “bad for you” foods but in November of 2007 my weight had reached a troubling 260 lbs. Hitting that number sent off a warning and gave me the motivation to make a long overdue lifestyle change. In my search I stumbled across the world of Raw Food. The philosophy adheres to the idea that cooking foods destroys their enzymes making it difficult for the body to digest them properly. Thus, the body stores the undigested food as fat. With my craving for eating “bad for you” foods, I took this idea of eating Raw Foods and combined it with my love of delicious desserts like Chocolate Cheese Cake (made mostly of cashews) and Chocolate Pudding (made with avocados).
Within a short amount of time I experienced more energy and youthfulness unlike anything before. I lost a total 90 lbs (rather quickly) and have reclaimed my life. I feel it is my duty to share my story. I want to help others to live a healthy enjoyable existence while being able to indulge in delicious foods. Eating healthy doesn’t mean that one must only eat salad. While in my shift I began to lose the typical cravings I had always had for stuff like pizza and soda, and was now gravitating towards healthier choices like apples, celery, and lettuce. Something which one cannot do when it is filled with a bunch of junk food, my body and mind became clean. Not only was I able to make clear and healthy decisions about what I wanted to put into my body, I was crave them as well.
Now I’m not saying that I woke up one morning and said, I’m a raw foodie, no more cooked food for me. Far from it, my shift has continued to evolve over time. Any long lasting and significant change has to progress organically. Together we can discuss a practical program that can be incorporated into your life right now with the ability to progress as your body and mind desire the foods that are right for living a happy and healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment